Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day at the river

This Memorial weekend we went to Chad's parents' home on the river. They were leaving town and we thought it would be a fun getaway. We pretended like we were going on a weekend vacation...well we DID go on a weekend vacation but we didn't have to pay for accommodations or food so it was even better.
We started our days getting some exercise. I ran the dam while Chad strolled with Summer. By the time we got back home it was Summer's first nap and the PARTY BEGAN! I am getting excited just writing that! I put on my bathing suit, river shoes and literally put 2 chairs in this river and did NOTHING!
Everytime Chad would walk inside and return to tell me he didn't hear anything I would raise my hands in the sky and say "Praise God from whom all naps flow!" Yeah, we really needed this weekend.
After Summer's nap we dressed her in a bathing suit and she sat in her own chair in the river!
Chad enjoyed fishing for some trout. Amazingly, even with these 2 dogs in the water with him he caught 3 fish.
Our last night there we decided to go out for dinner but Summer seemed to have had enough of our company. She escaped her seatbelt and turned completely around with her back to us so that she could fully soak in the other patrons! Of course, she received the attention she was seeking.

2 comments:

MIMI said...

That baby has grown so much in 1 weeks time!!! She looks SO big sitting up in that chair in the river. So glad that you had some relaxing time together.

Jenn Knierim said...

I think "Praise God from whom all naps flow" is my new favorite phrase ever! I love it and agree totally!