Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Give Thanks

You know how when the holidays come around we feel that special warmth in our hearts (well maybe not everyone) and we say we should "give thanks" or "honor our mothers and fathers" on everyday of the year.

Well it just hit me...here is what I am thankful for:

  • The health of my family and friends (by the way, why do people always say friends and family when your family should come first?)
  • Peace that comes from unconditional love from God
  • Sweet loving puppy dogs
  • When Lucy licks my feet and it feels somewhat similar to a massage
  • Living on the same side of the country as my family
  • Having a church were we can grow spiritually
  • A JCREW clearance center nearby
  • My beach plans with family in a few weeks
  • Any babysitting time, praise God!
  • Summer sleeping 11-12 hours a night
  • My new healthy lifestyle
  • Healthy knees (ran 4 miles today)
  • Our gym membership
  • Miss Dede, the gym daycare worker (the only one who doesn't page me!)
  • Green grass and bright colored flowers
  • Being a stay at home mom (funny how you might think because I don't work outside the home I could sleep in and do whatever I want all day...contrair mufrair Miss Summer rules this ship-to a degree as you can imagine I am a tough love mama)
  • My neighbor across the street who has an imaculate yard hasn't mowed his grass this week and his blooming clover looks as bad as mine (holiday weekend got in the way)!
  • And finally, that you actually care to check in on our life.

Take a moment to be thankful for some of the many blessings in your life.
Love ya!

3 comments:

The Reeds said...

I love this post! You're so honest about the big stuff and the small things that make you smile:)

MIMI said...

Jana, Jana, Jana you make my heart sing (as you well know my vocal cords just don't do that much). I am SO thankful for you and your thankful heart and the ability to communicate that. Appreciating those "little things" in life (like Miss Dede) are what makes each day such a blessing.
THANK YOU for who you are!!
Proud MIMI

Grammy said...

So many things to be thankful for. Our God is over flowing with his love for us and blesses us in so many ways. How can anyone look at these pictures of Summer and not believe in God. His creation of her is beautiful. I am thankful for my Lord Jesus, my life, my family,my health and the peace of knowing even during our country's struggle right now, God will take care of us. Lets pray for those who are jobless, homeless and hopeless.
love you all