Sunday, March 15, 2009

Design Challenge

I am in this design challenge at work and I feel like this is the hardest I have ever worked for a $25 gift certificate! However, I have gotten consumed in the process and I have decided to give it all I have. This was a fun outlet for my creative side but took a lot more time than I imagined.

Anyways, here is my final product. I know it isn't the prettiest but I used items around the house (painted cardboard folded in 3 parts) tied with string from a JCrew Christmas shopping bag...thinking outside of the box!
I included my couple's story and room budget, overall design look and to-scale room arrangement.

Our manager will announce March 25th the winner! I already have items for Summer's room that I will purchase with my $25 (which goes farther than you think with my discount).

I have also been involved with cooking alot lately. I have been trying new recipes and so far so good. Tonight we had Chicken Delight casserole (seasoned chicken pieces topped with sauteed onions, rice and chicken broth - baked then topped with evaporated milk and baked more). It came out looking bland but tasted quite delicious!

My friend Rachel gave me this recipe for Homemade Cinnamon Rolls that you make the night before. I made them tonight...from scratch dough, cinnamon filling...then tomorrow morning I will make the glaze and bake.

Here is what they look like tonight. I will update you tomorrow as to how they taste!

Thanks to Leslie for my apron! It saved me from being covered in flour and sugar today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jana,
Couldn't wait to get up and find out what the new design looked like. I wish that I could read the story about the make believe couple. Way to go girl, for all your hard work. And it really looks impressive--like Aunt Dot's college design classes. I just wish that I had one of those cinnamon rolls. Bet Doug does too if he is reading this first thing in the morning. Love to you and keep up the Happy Homemaking, Paula.
My love to Chad and Summer-MOM

Anonymous said...

Trish,
You were reading my mind! (if I'm the Doug to which you were referring!). Jana ... How about FedExing some of those cinnamon rolls to Hayesville! Chad's such a blessed guy to to have you!

Anonymous said...

Jana you are going to WIN! Next time we get together, please bring your design submission (if they give it back to you) I want to check out your masterpiece in person!