Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tuesday Update

I want to address this past weekend's Big Football Game, the SEC Championship. I was very excited about this game and we had some friends over to watch. And as we all know the Crimson Tide fell short of walking away with the championship. However, I want to say that I am extremely proud of Alabama this year. They have had an amazing undefeated season, more than I ever could have expected! I am looking forward to the bowl game and another season of great talent and coaching. Go Sooners!
Jim & Rachel's puppy, Oso - allowed me to dress him in an Alabama jersey
Christmas is Coming!!!!
We are headed to North Carolina for Christmas in 13 days and we are excited that maybe we will see snow while we are there! (unfortunately it has been really dry in the Lake Tahoe area) We are praying that our flight will be on time and we won't get stuck at one of the 2 airports we have to stop at...but we are prepared with good books and I will pack many snacks.
There are a few gifts still on my list but I am trying to stay focused and not get consumed by busyness.
Finally, I want to tell you what being 13 weeks pregnant feels like. I am thrilled that my health has continued and I have not felt sick. I have a strong appetite, especially in the morning. I still haven't had any coffee. Just this morning I was thinking that I might try a cup of decaf coffee. It is strange because I love coffee but just haven't wanted a cup since 2 days before I found I was pregnant. I didn't drink one because I must have coffeemate to enjoy it and I don't have any. But maybe I will get one while I am running errands today.
Clothing...let's just say I don't feel my cutest at the time. My current clothes don't fit right and the maternity clothes I purchased look too big. I am just bearing through it and waiting for this baby to poke out so I can wear my new clothes. But, have no fear...I am thankful for this blessing. We did go to the doctor last week and heard the baby's heartbeat, 160bpm. It is so funny because at the moment both Chad and I think we are having a boy. By my calculations...my doctor appointment will be February 2nd telling us the exact sex. What an exciting day that will be! Can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing dress up with our dog Jana! He looks SO cute. And BTW - February 2 (Groundhog's Day) is a super great day for celebrating. It's also my birthday!

The Powells said...

Jana - I completely understand your thoughts about clothes. Just wait, by the time you come back from Christmas / early next year - you are going to be lovin' your maternity clothes.

Christina