Monday, December 15, 2008

Feels like Christmas

With snow falling all day long it is really feeling like Christmas now! Luckily we didn't have to get out of the house early today and we could relax and enjoy the snow and hot chocolate.

Today was my deadline for getting all my gifts in the mail so I packed them all into a big box and headed to the Post Office (in the grocery store). I knew the line would be long so I was mentally prepared to wait. I would like to say that the grocery store post office was the Way To Go! First of all, the people were nice. The store offered hot chocolate to us while we waited AND there was music in the store. This was much better than my previous experiences at the regular Post Office (no music, no hot chocolate and no cheer). Thanks Raley's.

Before the winter storm came we had winds of up to 100mph (sounds crazy but true). The wind woke me up in the night feeling like the walls were moving. All of this to show you a picture of a tumbleweed that blew into our back yard. This is for Leslie who wanted to see a tumbleweed while she visited but we couldn't find one.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sis,

I got your message last night and will be looking for the big package in the mail. I would be a little leary of that post above and don't click on that link. It could harm your computer. Looks very suspicious to me. Love you and talk to you soon.

Jay

Jana said...

Bud,
I agree. I think my blog got spammed. I didn't know that was possible. If anyone receives a comment saying they should click on a link for a speed test I suggest you delete it. I did not know the person who left it nor did they leave their name.

Jana said...

By the way I deleted the original comment.

The Powells said...

Jana - I love the new look of the site and the tumbleweed - not sure if I have ever seen one either, especially with snow in the background!

Anonymous said...

Sis,
I love the new background and the picture of you and Chad. You both look GREAT! I am thankful that you don't have to get out in the weather when the winds are blowing 100 miles an hour!!
I love you and can't even begin to imagine what this time next year will be like for all of us. I pray for you ALL.
Love,
MOM

Anonymous said...

Oh, Trish--we will a very special angel in our midst! Isn't that so exciting-I wonder who is having the hardest time waiting!!!! The Christmassy stationary is so festive-neat idea!

xxxooo,
MOM Too

Anonymous said...

Jan, thank you so much for my picture of the tumble weed!! I love it and love that it snowed also. Snow and a Tumble Weed...just what I wanted!! Wish I was there!
Call ya soon! I'll be in airports tomorrow afternoon if you are around, we can catch up.
Love ya
Les