Monday, September 1, 2008

Roll Tide Roll 1-0

I would like to give a standing ovation to Nick Saban, John Parker Wilson, Julio Jones, #88, Big AL...and the rest of the Bama team. What a way to kick off the season! We had friends over and we cheered the Tide to victory...actually I did most of the cheering and jumping.

My dogs have to get dressed up on gameday as well. I stayed up late Friday night making Lucy a matching apron with my scrap material. It was a little small but enough for a photo opp. It is funny because when I put her jersey on she freezes like she is paralyzed...actually a good behavioral tip to counterbalance her high energy of guests coming over. Chad sported his Western University of Colorado shirt...I am ok with that because it is the same colors as Bama...and let's be serious, he didn't get this kind of football experience at Western. Go Mountaineers!

I have to say that I had some pregame drama with my cable station showing the California game on ABC instead of the Alabama game but luckily it came through on ESPN Gameplan and the evening was salvaged. I was close to a breakdown! That is what I get for living out west.

We played another round of croquet after the game. Sampson got to hang out with the adults outside because at 4 1/2 he is so mature. However, Lucy would run around and pick up the balls, which is NOT part of the game, so she stayed inside and chewed on Lisa's lipgloss. Sorry Lisa:(


Has Lisa lost 30lbs?



Rachel's Happy Dance!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

at least 10, right?

thanks for a fun night!

Anonymous said...

ROOOOLLL TIDE!!! We also have to give props to Ingram...my new favorite player!!!Sorry Jana we didn't get to talk during the game...my phone was dead!
Jen

Anonymous said...

ROLLLLLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!

What a way to start the year off. What about my favorite defensive player Terrence Cody. The 395 lb nose tackle. He stuffed up the middle so they couldn't run. He is a hoss. Also lets keep my favorite offensive player in your thoughts and prayers Mr. Andre Smith. He has a sprained knee and may miss one game. He is a hoss too and the leader on the offensive front.

The dogs look great in their uniforms. Hope your having a great first day of work today.

Love
The Savages

Maggie Pelton said...

Hey Jana! Good to hear from you. You look adorable as usual! I'll mark your blog and check back in with you!

The Powells said...

Jana - I love your blog and look forward to keeping up with you. I agree - Roll Tide Roll!!! We actually went to the game and it was one of the best Bama games I have ever seen!!! Keep in touch!

Christina