Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Plants I Love

I want to give a round of applause to two flowers that I love. Mums and Marigolds!

I planted mums in 2 pots by my front door one year ago and they have survived through the snowy winter, hot summer and are thriving still. They never turned brown...in the winter they just stayed green with out blooms. They have tripled in size and I even had to cut them back (the way I cut my barbie's hair when I was young...to the scalp). And now they are exploding and about to bloom with Crimson flowers with gold centers.

I love my Marigolds because they are so reliable. They bloom even when I forget to water them. The bright yellow color is so happy it just makes you smile (hence why smiley faces are yellow)!

Update on my Purple Stuff (don't know the name) that I stole from the entrance to Brook Highland neighborhood and smuggled to Nevada.
First of all...it has survived!
Secondly, it has grown large enough for me to break a limb off and replant in another pot. I am happy about that and can't wait for it to grow like a weed.
If anyone has some plants doing extremely well in your yard please let me know so I can test them out!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sissy,
I love you for loving all God's nature-you have always been such a happy, easily pleased child. What more could a mom ask for than a child who loves flowers--and dogs--and JUST LIVING!!! I thank God for you and everything that makes you SMILE!
Thankfully,
MOM

Ashlei said...

Jana, You need a TV show. You are so witty. Or as they say where I live. You are very clever.

Anonymous said...

Jana,
Please let me know what you do to your mums? Mine turn brown within a month of putting them out!
Jen

Jana said...

Jen, Do you replant them in pots?
I really don't have a secret green thumb...that is why I love these plants because they require no horticulture expertise.
Maybe it is the climate difference. They seem to do better now that the temps are dropping at night.
However, they get a lot of indirect sun in the day. Maybe that makes a difference.

Anonymous said...

Actually I have just put them down in a cute pot but keep them in the oroginal large pot they come in from Lowes & plan on putting in other pots, but they die before I get a chance. Maybe mine have always gotten too hot & too much sunshine? How much do you water? I think sometimes I give too much attention/water & I kill things?