Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Week With Mimi

Last week my mom came to stay with us for the week and it was so nice having her here.  It was nice having her here to spend a normal week with us.  We had picnics in the backyard.
Met with friends for fun and picnic at the Arboretum.  It was a beautiful day, in fact the weather this week was wonderful and not too hot at all.  As you can see we were actually wearing long sleeves in June.
One day during naptime, Mom watched Zane and Summer while I ran to the local consignment shop to just look and I found the crib bedding that I had envisioned for Zane's room.  I didn't get it, as I already had his room decorated, but after talking to Mom she said let's go back and get it.  And I am so glad we did.  It is linen color with chocolate silhouettes of animals (deer, fox, giraffe, horse)...oh and the 4 piece set was only $25.
In addition, we found these cute matching Polo outfits.  The one Zane (2.5 months old) has on is a size 9 months.  I got 3 others that were size 6 months that I had to return as they wouldn't snap...buddy has a long torso!  
Nana and Grandad's neighbor gave us this swingset.  It took a while but it is up and sturdy and Summer has been having fun swinging and playing in her "treehouse."
While Mimi was here she made us spinach smoothies every morning and Summer got hooked on a blue smoothie (with blue food coloring).  Although the food coloring isn't good at least it is jam packed with good nutrition. It was a good kick start to my healthier eating plan.
Summer still loves for me to take a picture of she and Zane anytime they are together.   Zane's sleep has greatly improved and last night he actually slept from 10-6.  He has made it to 5:30 a few times too. 
Naps were much better while Mimi was here as she wore her out physically in the morning so she would be tired by 1pm.  I think that is the key to getting a nap at this stage.  We are still working on the evening routine...every night from 7-8:30 is pretty much terrible.  Last night I actually ran on the treadmill after putting them down to calm my nerves...which I guess isn't that bad if it gets me on the move.
Speaking of exercise...It's not that I don't have the motivation.  It is that I don't have the time.  I would love to get on the treadmill and run run run.  I think I might start running at night after bedtime then shower.  It might be my only chance to do both of those things. 
Gotta go for now!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

The TIME OF MY LIFE!!! Love, Love, Love my sweet time with my Martin family! I needed my bonding time with Zane and we had it. Mommy, you are AMAZING!