Sunday, June 3, 2012

Take A Picture

"Take a picture Mommy." 
That is what Summer has been saying this week every time she holds Zane.
She only wants to hold him about once a day...lucky for him. 
She says some funny things these days...today she was in the bathroom using the potty when she opened the door saying, "Big News Mommy! Big News-three lights out" I purposely left 2 light bulbs empty as we don't really need 5 lights in the bathroom but a 3rd had blown while she was going to the bathroom and THAT was BIG NEWS to a 3 year old. 
She flip flops about whether she is going to be a doctor or a yellow school bus driver when she grows up.  But tonight Daddy had a boo boo on his toe and she ran to get the neosporin and asked me for a bandaid.  After doctoring his toe she said he needed two gummies to eat as medicine.  Good work on the doctoring little missy but I am not falling for the "Daddy needs gummies" trick...those are our special treat for poo pooing in the potty (since we have forgotten how to do that lately).
This week could have been renamed the BATTLE OF NAPS (or all sleep for that matter).  She doesn't want to go to sleep but I desperately need her to sleep so that I can nap too!  This is how it goes...naptime used to be at 1pm.  However, inevitably Zane is feeding around that time and I can't fully do Summer's "former" routine of reading a book and calmly tucking her in...and since she isn't sleepy then anyways I let her stay up while I feed Zane.  Fast forward it is 2:30 and I am trying to lay Zane down and Summer is still awake.  He is down but she won't go to sleep so I tell her she can lay down with me.  She plays in my bed however I am drifting off...then I become ANGRY MAMA BEAR and I ROAR!  Either it ends that way, and I roar for the remainder of the day, or we finally get some sleep.  However, now we are napping from 3:30-5:30 and our night routine is all off track because she isn't sleepy at her bedtime of 8pm yet Mommy and Daddy are ready to clock out at that time...now there are 2 ANGRY BEARS.  Kind suggestions welcome. 

Today as we drove home from church she fell asleep in the car.  I tried to lay her in bed but that didn't work.  She immediately said, "I want to eat." That is her line when I bring her in asleep from the car.  But today, I tried a different tactic.  I said, "ok just lay on the couch while I make lunch." Walla, we got a one hour nap out of her!  And Chad and I ate lunch in silence...literally...and it was awesome.
 PS-I turned the flash off for this picture as to not DARE wake sleeping beauty. 

1 comment:

Anna & Greg said...

I like your creative parenting! I think sometimes you just do what you have to do...