Friday, June 1, 2012

Perseverance

Started reading James this morning as our connect group at church is going to be studying it this summer. 
James 1:2-3
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 

Translated into the JMV (Jana Martin Version)
Today, I will consider it PURE JOY when my 3 year old poops on the carpet under my bed, at 7:00am because she has reverted back to not knowing how to use the potty, because I know that the testing of my faith, and patience, produces perseverance, and a 3 year old who knows how to clean up poop.

Which brings me to the next verse that caught my eye.
James 1:19-20
My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.

Translated to the JMV (Jana Martin Version)
Don't freak out on your kiddos today.

Hope these verses help you today!

6 comments:

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

This is great Jana! I love your versions. Thanks for sharing.

Mimi said...

You, Jana, have just ministered to many in the common sense, everyday, down to Earth version. God blessed you with SO MUCH of that. What a blessing!!

Rachel said...

Whoa! My high school leadership teacher posted James 1:2,3 yesterday on his Facebook wall. I suppose I was really meant to see and consider this verse this week! Thank you Jana. JMV is wonderful, by the way. I hope the rest of your Friday goes quickly so you can enjoy a nice, relaxing weekend.

Grammy said...

You will be asking God to have your children be quick to listen and slow to speak as they get older! One of my favorites to pray when mine were teenagers! Love ya'll

Jenn Knierim said...

I did the Beth Moore bible study on James recently and loved everything about the book of James. I especially love the 2 verses you mentioned and yes, both of them made me think of my kids and my actions towards them! :)

Lisa said...

Jana, we just did the Beth Moore, James study too - was great! This last one was called Brave! and I loved it - similar to the JMV.