Thursday, June 14, 2012

O'Carrs Chicken Salad

Those of you Birmingham folks know how delicious O'Carrs chicken salad is.  It has a distinct smooth texture that is more of a paste than the normal chunky recipes.  I found a copycat version online and have tested it out about 4 times and it is delicious and extremely similar.  This recipe is not from O'Carrs but rather a blog of someone who tried to figure it out...my taste buds would never be so skilled.
O'Carrs Chicken Salad
4 cups boiled chicken (finely chopped in food processor or blender)
2 tsp fresh dill, chopped
1/2 cup grapes, halved or more
1/4 cup chopped pecans
8 pinches paprika
4 oz cream cheese
6 Tbsp mayo
2 tsp honey
4 pinches salt

Makes 1 large container (I already doubled the ingredient list for you). 
Boil the chicken (2 chix breast=4cups) in water with paprika.  Blend chicken in food processor until it is a fine texture (no chunks) then mix with other ingredients in a large bowl.  I like to chill for a few hours before eating.  Absolutely delicious on a summer day.
Summer told me "Big News Mommy Big News-I no like blue smoothie no more...I like green smoothie!" I am so pleased...as you know the green in the smoothie is spinach!  
 

4 comments:

AAA said...

Will be trying this soon...thanks for sharing, Jana!

Mimi said...

You Both look like you have been eating alot of spinach lately--such lovely, healthy looking girls!!

Lisa said...

Oh Jana! I laugh every time you tell us about Summers "big news" - its so funny the life of a child and what is earth shattering for them! I love that little girl and hope I get out there soon to see her - she knows my name and voice so well hopefully seeing me will be big news!

Sandra White said...

Tried the chicken salad on Tuesday night and it was fabulous! Thanks for sharing the recipe.