Tuesday, June 19, 2012

3 Year Girl and 3 Month Boy

Before I get to the 3 year and 3 month stats let me recap Father's Day weekend.  Chad is as Summer said tonight before bedtime, the "best daddy in the whole world!" Here is Daddy and his kids before church.
With all of the present opening, Summer wanted to take a gift to her Sunday School Teacher.  She insisted on packing up a "gift" and I had no idea what was in there.  I stood by the teacher when she opened it and it turns out there was a Chick Fil A cow (wouldn't mind giving one of those away as we have many), Elmo, half of a Dora purse...and other "treasures." This picture is of Summer on the way to the car...getting distracted by a blue bird egg which she put on her finger...queue Mommy's reaction of take that off your finger and all the germs that it carries. 
Sundays are so hectic for us with sleeping schedules that we celebrated Father's Day with Chad's parents Saturday night. 
Summer...this could have been such a cute photo opportunity!  Coordinating clothes and everything!
This week was Summer's 3 year old doctor appointment.  At 3 years old she is 31 pounds and 36 1/4 inches tall.  She is in the 50 percentile for both weight and height.  All was going great, talking to the doctor more than ever until he mentioned she was getting a vaccine.  I had imagined that would happen but not sure.  Before the nurse came in I let her know what was going to happen and my typically brave girl screamed! 
It wasn't good and any errands I had planned on doing after the appointment were cancelled.  We came home and lounge in bed watching Dora and eating lollipops.  We napped together and when she woke up she said..."I know Mommy, I put on my orange shirt to match my orange boo boo!"  Makes since...and when that bandaid accidentally fell off during a bathroom break it was a sign that the boo boo was healed.  I love how her mind works.
Its getting hot this week but I am determined to go outside daily to wear her out, I mean, let her play.  I quickly pulled her hair back into a ponytail, it wasn't smooth (what do I know about smooth hair), but I thought it was so stinking cute. 
Girlfriend is a mess.  I absolutely love her. 
Zane, I had NO IDEA that you would be the sweetest boy ever.  In fact, I had no idea that boys could be sweet or as cute as girls but you have proved me wrong.  And, yes since I am your mother I am a bit biased.  Since we were at the doctor I put Zane on the scale too.  At 3 months, Zane weighs 14 lb.  I didn't measure his height but he is wearing 6-9 month clothes. 
This sugar love sleeps through the night about 3 times a week.  During the day he is a fighter at naps.  I think to myself each time, stay the course Jana, and after about 2-3 minutes of crying and rooting he eventually gives up and collapses.  Now, if I lay him down and those sweet blue eyes pop open you can bet your money he is going to cry within 30 seconds after I shut his door.  I give him one follow up loving/rocking but after that I let him cry it out.  Let me tell you, he hasn't learned to fall asleep on his own during the day (at night he is ok).
 I have started running again.  When most people are putting on their pajamas I am putting on my workout clothes and hopping on the treadmill.  I am gearing up for a half marathon.  I am hoping to run the Asheville Half Marathon in September...just waiting for my running brother to confirm!!  I tried to find another time in the day to exercise but I couldn't consistently without being interrupted by a needy child so nightime it is. 

2 comments:

Mimi said...

This unbiased Mimi said "stinkin" ADORABLE is putting it mildly. Yes, they both are and YOU are the BEST Mama ever. LOVE LOVE LOVE Y'all!!!

Anonymous said...

All the pics are precious, especially this one!! Love, Aunt Pam, Tiff, EK and Emma