Saturday, April 2, 2011

My Little Big-Girl

My Little Big-Girl is such a trooper!  Once we got in the swing of taking the 4 medications daily she sucked them down and actually asked for "mo," resulting in a much happier baby pumpkin.
Although she doesn't have a fever anymore she has been sleeping and napping so hard that her scalp sweats and wakes up with wet hair.  I seriously thought her hair was h.i.l.a.r.i.o.u.s!  She was kind of amused too after I made it stand straight up.
I have been getting a lot of lovie time!  We snuggle together in the morning, mid-morning, afternoon...pretty much all day...in between potty breaks.  Speaking of potty, Summer has continued to do great at using the potty.  She still wears a diaper out of the house but she tells me when she needs to go and can hold it until we get to the bathroom.  In fact, last night she woke up at 3am going "ooh ooh ooh, tee tee" (I have the monitor on since she has been sick) and I debated whether or not to get up and take her to the potty or let her go in her diaper.  I decided to take her to the potty but was a bit late.  Then I went back to bed wondering if the next step in this whole training was to give her freedom in a Big-Girl bed??!!  
What makes Summer a Big-Girl:
  • She flushes her little potty with her foot.
  • At night I have started taking her into my bathroom to blow dry her hair.  While I am trying to make curls out of sticks she unties her robe and wipes deodorant on her underarms. 
  • Today we were going to sign our taxes and I mentioned to Chad "grab your wallet in case they need your id."  She immediately went to her playroom and walked out with her shiny purple wallet! 

4 comments:

MIMI said...

Big Girl Bed!!??!! Time flies too fast!! She'll be getting up and serving YOU breakfast in bed before you know it!!

lisa said...

oh!! i love it! miss you all so much!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jana, I hope Summer is feeling better. RSV is a terrible virus. We just had another baby in November and she had to be hospitilized for RSV at 4 weeks old. I hope summer is doing much better! Lots of love-Denise

Anonymous said...

she is halfnaked mom take some pics of her pu s sy and send me