Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter / Birthday Weekend

Happy Easter Everybody! 
The Martins were in town and we went to an Easter Festival that my friend's church was hosting at this beautiful park.  Summer liked the Easter Bunny as long as Mama was with her. 
 This is her first Easter Egg Hunt. 
 And um...the learning curve is quite steep when the eggs are filled with candy!
 Summer can't take the candy out of her mouth even for a picture with Gramma.
 Daddy, let me down! I have got to go get "mo" eggs!
 She never quite figured out how to get the wrapper off of the Smarties candy!
 Jump house
 Summer and Daddy
 Summer and Mama
Summer getting a bunny rabbit painted on her arm. As soon as it was complete she pointed to her other arm and asked for "mo."
What a joyful day to have my Birthday on.  I am now 32! Thanks Mom and Dad for giving me life.
 Birthday celebration with a special dinner, dessert and even a pointed hat to wear!  
I got the funniest card from Sissy, the dog.  You're so funny Sissy, you shouldn't have!
 After Summer's reaction to the egg hunt at the Easter Festival I knew that she was going to love her hunt on Easter morning at home.  I had eggs hidden all over the house...except our eggs did NOT contain candy...rather stickers and panties!  As you can tell by her expression, she was not dissappointed!
 She was so proud of her sidewalk chalk...holding all 20 pieces at once while covered in stickers.
All of the excitement that I talked about above has kind of left our little bunny under the weather.  She was not in Easter photo condition after church and she actually had a tee tee accident on her smocked Easter dress and had to wear something different at the last minute.  Maybe a good snuggle with Daddy will make it all better. 

3 comments:

aunt jen said...

Happy Birthday Jana! We can't wait to see all of you Friday! Sadie is sooo excited to see Lucy! Summer looks like such a big girl and sooo cute in the jump house!What a yummy cookie cake. I had the same for my b'day :)

Leslie Coleman said...

Happy Day, Jan! Such a cute pic of Summer and Daddy! I'm finally catching up on your blog from the past month!

MIMI said...

What a Special Day--Easter and Mama's Birthday!!! So glad that Doug and Susan could be there to celebrate with you all. Daddy and Summer are SO SWEET resting together! Can't wait to celebrate our birthdays together.