Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summer Update

My to-do list has been too long this week and I just couldn't justify blogging before doing some of the other items...and that is why I have been out of touch for this week.

However, we have been having a great time.
  • Summer is no longer drinking out of bottles! The transition was a cinch although it has altered our nightly bedtime routine...leading me to my second proclamation.
  • Summer's bedtime has been pushed back to 8-9pm (not so happy about this one). Without a delicious bottle to soothe her to sleep it takes a little longer to burn all of her energy.
  • She hugs and loves on us constantly. This is the first time in her life that she has really shown affection and we are in love with this stage. Daddy is her favorite as of this weekend!
  • Summer twirled for the first time and had her first bubble bath.
  • She loves for me to chase her. She looks over her shoulder as I get near and just giggles.
  • She and I play in the garage to beat the heat during the day and she loves riding around in her wagon. Her favorite part is to hang out the side and touch the wheel while it is moving...dare devil, thank goodness it comes equipped with seat belts.
Check out this big girl photo!
  • She helps me around the house; always unloading the dishwasher and even carrying her laundry to her room today.

I am currently job searching. Please say a prayer for me this week for the right opportunity to present itself.

I have found a women's running group at church and I am thrilled to set a target for a 1/2 marathon in December. I'll share more details later.

4 comments:

MIMI said...

Summer has changed MORE in the pictures than any so far!! What a BIG girl sitting in that chair with Dad. I will definitely pray that God will show you the direction for you and your sweet family. Love each of you.

Grammy said...

Oh my, she is a little lady. I have already been praying for the job God has for you and for Summer's babysitter, whoever that is, to be a Godly woman that will love Summer and take care of her. I know you can do that 1/2 run. YOU GO GIRL!
love to all!

Gramma said...

I hope that I will be that Godly woman , part of the time, Grammy! I think that their church has a day care there, doesn't it Jana? Hope Grammy and Mimi are having a great summer! Love to you all:-)

MIMI said...

Gramma, I hope that Godly woman, can be you, part of the time, also! My summer is slipping away much too quickly--kinda like our Summer's baby days.