Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Perspective

It is a daily challenge to find perspective in my life. It is so easy for me to get bogged down with the moment that I don't realize that those things don't even matter. Especially now, as I job search, I can easily feel desperate and deflated. I try to keep my chin up and remind myself no one wants to hire a Debbie Downer. One way I take control of my situation is to exercise.
Today was one of those days when I needed to listen to my christian music playlist on my ipod. On a normal day these songs are too slow for me but today they quickly took me to another place. The song How Can I Keep From Singing by Chris Tomlin hit home...here are the lyrics:

There is an endless song
Echoes in my soul
I hear the music ring

And though the storms may come
I am holding on
To the rock I cling

How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing

I will lift my eyes
In the darkest night
For I know my Savior lives

And I will walk with You
Knowing You'll see me through
And sing the songs You give

How can I keep from singing your praise? How can I ever say enough, how amazing is your love? How can I keep from shouting your name? I know i am loved by the king, and it makes my heart want to sing

I can sing in the troubled times
Sing when I win
I can sing when I lose my step
And fall down again
I can sing 'cause You pick me up
Sing 'cause You're there
I can sing 'cause You hear me, Lord
When I call to You in prayer
I can sing with my last breath
Sing for I know
That I'll sing with the angels
And the saints around the throne



Here is the kicker...as this song started a mentally disabled guy got on the bike in front of me and he was singing with his mouth open as wide as it could go. At that moment, all of my self pity fell to the ground and I turned up the speed and just RAN. I thanked God for my healthy body to exercise and my healthy baby in the childcare. I listened to this song about 5 times over and over again.

1 comment:

MIMI said...

THANK YOU, Jan!!! Now I can SEE much clearer. My Perspective has not been "too hot" lately. I'm about to start school again for the 31st year as a teacher--not counting my student years. But, you know what, Now I am THANKFUL that I have put it all in Perspective! I am SO thankful that God gives me His Word through your voice.