Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Surprise Party

After a month of secret emails and little white lies, Doug, Chad, Kiersten and myself were able to pull off a Surprise 60th Birthday party for Susan. It wasn't easy as she had lots of questions about our actions these past few weeks. I think she was surprised!
It was a great party with lots of her friends. I had one of those cakes made that has an edible picture on it. Lucky me they accidently made 2 and so I got an extra one for free as they obviously can't sell a cake with another person's face on it. Turns out I needed it! I was rushing to unload the decorations from my car when Lucy saw a car door open and decided she wanted to go for a ride...you can see where this is headed. That's right she jumped up into the car and landed on one of the cakes in the passenger seat. What a blessing I had a replica in the backseat, amazing.
The Martins have loved every minute with Summer as you can tell.
Aunt Kiki and Summer
Grandad and Summer
Preston and Kim (by the way good luck on your 1/2 marathon on Thanksgiving) supervise the 2 cousins meeting. Summer is all smiles but Brooke isn't so sure about this baby.
Summer whispers can't we just be friends? I'll do your hair.
My Aunt Bethany gave mommy and me lessons from Paul Mitchell a few weeks ago...flashback!
Hey Big Cuz Brooke, I hope when I am 3 I will have long pretty hair like yours!
I knew Summer had big cheeks but WOW they look like chipmunks in this picture!
I also have some other birthday shout outs!
Happy Birthday Aunt Bethany!
Happy Birthday Grandu Larry!

2 comments:

MIMI said...

Happy Birthday, Susan! I know that you had a wonderful surprise. It looks like everyone is having a Happy Thanksgiving week together. Enjoy each other!

the crazy armstrongs said...

Jana .. so sweet those pictures of Summer and Brooke! I can't wait for them to meet and play someday together. So good to see you all.. lets plan an another visit soon! love to you all and happy thanksgiving!