Monday, November 9, 2009

Movie Stars

As it turns out, this Martin family is staring in their very own horror flick.
It is being directed by ELI Trucking Company featuring:
Jana Martin - a mother of 1 who flew cross country with her baby with a travel bag packed for 4 days and it has turned into 2 weeks and counting.
Summer Martin - the baby that hasn't a clue what is going on as she is surrounded by hugs and kisses
Chad Martin - the father who drove his oversized dogs across country and is now in Mexico in the eye of Hurricane Ida on business.
ELI trucking - the moving company who picked up our belonging, drove them in the opposite direction of the move and has them sitting in a warehouse.
The highlights of this feature presentation include; passport drama, dog drama, knee drama, allergy drama...
There are some high points; quality time with family and friends, Alabama/LSU game, meeting up with daddy before heleft for Mexico and a "couple" other things.
Note to picture above: Summer was intent on grabbing the toy on the table and wasn't cooperating with the photographer.
I am expecting the ending will be a love story of this family reuniting and getting settled in our new home.

4 comments:

lisa said...

oh goodness! at least we have passports and are keeping dry!
when we moved to reno it was the same drama...was in the atlantis hotel for 2 weeks. i still have nightmares about the sound of slot machines!

Anonymous said...

Jana,
Hey. I am a friend of Kiersten's. She gave me your blog address before you delivered and I look at it from time to time. Below I have listed some things I'd like to share with you:

- You're FUNNY! I don't know why I don't read your blog more often because you make me laugh! I feel like I'm right there with you.

- Your baby girl, Summer, is ADORABLE and looks just like you! Those eyes!

- You have documented Summer's life so well and all of you will cherish what you've blogged about for years to come! How awesome is that!

Good luck on your move. I know the Martin's are excited to have you closer to them!

Merritt Owings

mook said...

Hey Martin family! Sorry about your horror film! I know you are getting through it with all of that love and attention in B'ham. Isn't it wonderful to know that they are loving this detour in your plan. In reading the comments, I am excited to see another wonderful person named Merritt!!!! YAY! She seems very smart~you are FUNNY, Summer is adorable and you are doing a fabulous job of keeping us informed of your wonderful life!

Lots of love,
Mook, Todd, Merritt & J.T.

Jana said...

Thanks Merritt for your generous compliments! Kiersten has told me all about you and your daughter who had the same due date as Summer. I look forward to hearing more about you one day.
Thank goodness it appears there is an end in sight. I think we should be settled in our house this weekend and maybe life will get to be normal next week! I am excited just thinking about it.