Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Childbirth Prep Class #1

Chad and I went to our first Childbirth Prep Class last night at the hospital we will be giving birth at. It was good just to go to the hospital and realize which entrance to use, etc. Chad can already imagine himself whipping into the valet circle at mass speeds!
We were surprised that there were so many people in the class, about 20 couples. The teacher/nurse was really nice and welcoming. She calls everybody Mom and Dad and she made some jokes that were actually quite funny.
In our first class we reviewed signs of false labor, real labor, an overview of the anatomy vocabulary/definitions and we practiced breathing through a contraction.
We can't wait until the 3rd class which is when we get to tour the hospital labor & delivery/nursery floor.

For you American Idol fans out there what was up with Matt Girard last night! I thought he did great singing The Fray but all of the judges ripped him apart. What did you think?

2 comments:

MOM said...

Jan,
I am so glad that your class went well and that you have Chad there to support you. I love you, Jana, but Matt is not my favorite on A.I.
My favorites are Danny and Scott, who both did well last night. I am liking Adam better each time. We'll see who gets voted off tonight. I'm thinking Megan.
Love you,
MOM

Mom 2 said...

Well, I didn't think Matt did so good either. I like Danny, Adam but I hope he doesn't win, and Scott. I am not impressed with any of the girls. My fear with Adam is that if he wins, he will totally change and the REAL Adam will come out. Scott is another favorite. There is something special about him. I hope you and Chad enjoy your classes as much as Doug and I did-we had a lot of fun as well as learned a lot. Our class was small-maybe 8 couples. Love ya'll, Mom 2
Hey Trish!!!!!