Thursday, April 9, 2009

What's going on...

I haven't blogged this week as it has been pretty "normal" around here.
We went to our 2nd Childbirth prep class and watched 2 live birth videos, whoa! I don't think we will be filming the arrival of baby Summer. It was good to know what to expect and what I can suggest, like please wipe her off before you give her to me. I know that could sound harsh or unloving but I want to see Summer clean for the first time. And next week we tour the labor/delivery floor, exciting!

Today we meet with a pediatrician we are considering. We will ask her some questions and just get a good feel for if she is the right doctor for Summer. I will let you know how that goes.

I have gotten back into an exercise routine. The dogs and I have been walking at the Summit every day this week. Feels good but I have noticed that I get more uncomfortable in the evening now...laying down is really the only position that feels relaxing.

Weed update: I think this is a weed...because I see them in other areas popping up in the gravel by the street but I will continue to let it grow and see if it will flower. Is a weed bad if it flowers and looks pretty?

By the way, I have been cleaning up the back yard; raking leaves that have collected in the corners of the yard and my next task is to do the front yard...and those leaves next to this pot.

6 comments:

Gramma said...

As for weeds, many weeds flower and are beautiful. You have to decide if you want them where they decide to grow. They will multiply fast and roots grow deep. They are difficult to eradicate if you let them continue to grow. They will crowd out other plants you prefer to have growing like grass or flowers. But I have actually allowed some to grow under my control because I love their blooms and leaves. Oh,my, major storms, here! one more week and ya'll will be here and I am so excited! love you, Gramma

lisa said...

the other thing is that the roots can often strangle or take over the plant next to it, so if you have it next to something you love - pull it. I have had to do that, but liked the weed enough that I actually replanted it somewhere else!

Jay said...

Jay said
Pretty sure thats a weed

Mom said
No Jay Boy,
That's a marigold. She had marigolds in that pot last year and I'm surprised that they are coming back, but pretty sure that's a marigold. And the others are mums.

Mom and Jana,
That is a beautiful Marigold. I can't wait til it flowers. What color do you think it will be? I hope it is yellow like Summers room. Love yall, just having a little fun.

Jana said...

Thanks for the interest in my weed! The good news is there isn't anything else in this pot and so I can let it grow and see if I like it without harming other plants around. I'll keep yall updated once it flowers:)

MOM said...

OK Jay,
Maybe it is a weed! We'll just watch and see.
I can't believe that we all are so into that "WEED".
Love,
MOM
HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE1
HE IS RISEN AND WE ARE BLESSED!

Sandie said...

Hey Jana,

We are all here celebrating Easter with the whole family. Love you bunches and miss you. Hope you, Summer, and Chad are all doing well. Love you bunches.