Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sweet Kiddos

Where to start...
Mimi and Do came into town and we had a great visit.  There was lots of play and housework...may not sound like fun but we greatly appreciated it!
I KNOW I am partial BUT this boy just gets cuter and cuter!
 And then there is this smile...now that is just ridiculous!
Summer Summer Summer your personality is SO BIG right now! She loves her baby named Addie (after her friend).  She takes a bath with Summer every night and must get clean with bubbles, dried and have her diaper and pajamas back on.  She must be tucked into her bed (beside Mommy's bed-oddly enough she doesn't want her baby sleeping in her room).  I say this all to give you a snapshot of how important Addie is to Summer.  And the other day when I told her to get in bed for nap, and yet Addie wasn't sufficiently tucked in...we had the combination for a complete meltdown!  Uncontrollable crying, unrecognizable vocabulary and literally melting to the ground was the scene before I allowed her to take 2 minutes (our timeframe of choice) to finish tucking Addie in and get in bed.  Oh 3 year olds! 
If that sounded negative, let me give you a positive about being 3.  While I run on the treadmill in the garage (and Zane naps) Summer is big enough to hang out with me and play.  This week she has been working on a special artwork for Daddy's birthday (Thursday).   She is able to follow directions and keep the paint in the right area and when done wipe her hands clean before coming inside. Yay 3 year olds!
Today, we were driving and I was waiting for traffic to clear before turning left.  Once it was safe, I turned and this was Summer's response..."Wow Mommy you did it! You did it mommy, I know you did it! I know I know."  I just chuckled and smiled.  Thanks for the positive reinforcement pumpkin!

A minute later we passed this pond and she said, "Remember when mommy went to lake in Roll Tide without I?  Remember?" I said yes and she said she wanted to go to lake with me and I told her I would take her next time.  She asked why mommy not take her and I responded that it was for mommies only and that sometimes mommies need to be by themselves.  She responded, "No Mommies not be by themselves.  Mommies miss Big Sisters."  Such a sweet heart.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

MIMI miss BIG SISTER and little brother!!!