Monday, August 13, 2012

Finding Joy

Secret is out...Zane isn't perfect!  In fact, he's a screamer.  I like to think of it as he really really really loves his mama.  So much that when he wakes up and realizes I am not with him, he screams for me.  And when he can't see me in the car, he screams for me. 
One day last week I had to run a long errand across town.  He first got perturbed by having to stop at a red light and one thing led to another which led to a sleepy child and all h.e.l.l broke loose.  It turned into a 45 minute scream fest and I was having to pull Bible verses to keep sane!  I thought how can I find JOY in this trial...well at least I have a car that he can hate to drive around in. 

As we were pulling into the Walmart parking lot, I made this 30 second video to send to Chad to explain to him why I was in a bad mood.  This type of nerve damage just doesn't fade by 5pm (keep in mind I had been listening to this nonstop for 45 minutes).
*Beware this video is of a screaming baby*
 
I'm going to try to blame some of this on early teething.  He has his hands or fists in his mouth ALL.THE.TIME. Minus this picture, he wears a bib because he soaks his clothes in drool.
Here Big Sister is getting her first experience of playing with the Brain Pop Jr app on my phone...and she's hooked.
Summer said "I not hold Zane in long time."  Um, there's a reason, he's practically your same size sister. 
Ironically, after Zane had cried for 45 minutes in the car, I put him in the baby bjorn and we shopped in Walmart for an hour content as could be.  He just loves me that much!  Today we had to break out the baby bjorn around the house as I just can't get anything done carrying this big boy in my arms.  Plus he loves it and it strengthens mama's lower back (seeing the joy folks). 
Meanwhile, little miss mama has double the responsibility as she has two babies to care for.  That's right, she now has Addie and Addisyn (her two real friends are always with her in pretend).  On a weird note, and maybe too much information...she told me tonight that she had to feed her babies donut milk from her boob.  She said that as I was walking through the kitchen to fill up the dogs food bowl and I just chuckled and rolled my eyes...the things she says these days keep me in a constant smirk.
Like when she saw ants on the sidewalk she said, "awe, that's sweet its a baby ant."
Or when we got back to the garage and she dramatically said, "this garage is a big mess!"
Or when she said, "Police officers no pull over birds-they no have wings."  
 Hope you can see the joy in whatever your trial is too.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I was just looking at my JOY in your pictures, but just COULD NOT play the video of Zane. I am about to go to bed and don't need to be traumatized!
GOD BLESS YOU and give you strength to endure. Your humor certainly helps!