Friday, May 18, 2012

Miss Independent

Last week we went to the NC Arboretum for National Gardens Day (or something like that).  We were supposed to meet friends but "life" happened and we ended up going by ourselves.  Summer wasn't feeling very photogenic so we decided to make funny faces instead.
This was a beautiful long range view of the Blue Ridge Mountains. 
When you have a 3 year old (I am rounding up) who likes to touch your camera you end up with finger prints and gunk on the lens ruining what would have been a cute Mama and kids picture. 
Forget the gardens, the highlight was the field trip of first graders!  This Mama scored major points by asking the bus driver if we could sit on the steps and take a picture. 
Mother's Day was rainy so we couldn't go far outside...and as I squatted down to get close to Summer she did the same.  I am so blessed to have two healthy sweet angel babies.  Chad, Summer and Zane got me some plants to plant in my front pots...as you can tell they are needing some TLC.  Zane's birth has practically killed one of my rose trees but I trimmed it to the nub tonight and hope that it will come back...fingers crossed. 
Summer is Miss Independent these days.  She is pretty confident that she can do anything (don't know where she gets that from) and she tries daily.  For example: while I was blow drying my hair the other day and she normally watches cartoons in my bedroom...she decided to make some toast...putting bread in the toaster oven!  She dresses herself and we have gone to the grocery store with shoes on the wrong feet and her shirt on backwords against my advise.  And finally, she is sneaky.  She was supposed to be in her room picking up hundreds of tiny rubber bands she sprinkled everywhere but where do I find her instead...look closely in Zane's crib...there she is! And no she is not sleeping...just pretending as I opened the door.  Three years old is going to be fun!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I REALLY think that you could make millions writing a BOOK using Summer as your character!! Another Junie B. Jones!!! I LOVE THAT GIRL!!!

Grammy said...

Well, your life is never boring! I miss ya'll so much. Love you