Friday, May 11, 2012

Alabama Trip

As crazy as it may sound Summer, Zane (6 weeks old) and I traveled to Alabama this past week.  However we couldn't have done it with out the help of Nana, Daddy and Grammy who each chauffeured us half way.  This was all so that I could go on our first ever "6 pack" girls weekend at the lake.  The "6 pack" is my group of friends from middle/high school and it was so great to spend time with them again.  I only spent 1 night at the lake as I had Zane with me but it was fun and he got lots of love from the ladies.  Picture to come later.
We celebrated Summer's 3rd birthday with our Alabama family at Ijump.  Parents are allowed to get in and play too which I thought was going to be fun but turned out to be a little scary and tiresome.
That slide is HIGH and FAST and gave me rug burns on both elbows.  Luckily Summer loved it. 
Fun obstacle course!
Zane slept through the whole party allowing Summer to maintain 100% of the attention. 
More climbing! Summer surprised me with her courage and climbing skills. This incline was straight up with no angle but she didn't think twice about going on it.
After Ijump we went to Chick Fil A for lunch and Dora cupcakes! 
Me and Bud with our boys! Brody is 10 months and Zane is 7 weeks. 
Brody is such a sweet and happy boy.  He is ready to move and will be walking in the very near future. 
Papa and Zane 
Brody and Summer playing together. 
 Uncle Bud holding Zane for the first time.  He said Zane looked just like Chad!
The big boy strutting his stuff in a button down shirt. 
Zane is now 7 weeks and I feel like we have turned a corner.  He is sleeping better and has only gotten up once/night the past 3 nights.  That makes for a happier mommy (who can blog instead of nap).

No comments: