Monday, January 30, 2012

Thank You Pinterest

Dear Pinterest,
I was hesitant to invite you into my life as I already have a busy schedule.  You started out with a snooty attitude by not letting me join but I understand now that you are like that with everyone.  I have really grown to love you and see a future together.  It's as if I forgot who Facebook is.  You inspire me in new directions and spur me to actually CREATE the cool things I find.  Thanks for the encouragement.
Your friend,
Jana
Here are my Pinterest creations this week:
Zane's cribskirt (actually the entire room)
I saw a DIY cribskirt pin last night and it looked easy enough.  I created this during Summer's naptime today without a stitch of sewing.  Whoever invinted liquid stitch is a genius!
Rainbow Pinwheel Sugar Cookies (thanks to Jen for pinning)
Separate your sugar cookie dough and add food coloring, roll into grape size balls. Combine one of each color into a beach ball look, roll like a snake and twist in a circle.  Finally dip the sides in sprinkles.  These could be cute for all holidays with coordinating food coloring! 
Turns out this recipe calls for ALOT of Mama involvement as a two year old cannot roll dough without flattening it like a pancake; hence she got shifted to sprinkle girl!
This picture doesn't do them justice...they actually came out cute! 
Thanks Pinterest for keeping me excited to celebrate all of the holidays.  
Our Valentines tree of love 
Our playdate last week, where the girls painted each other's nails then blew them dry with the battery operated hair dryer!  Too cute. 

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Zane's room just can't get any cuter. He is going to be surrounded with Love!!! His BIG SIS will be able to take such good care of him, too.