Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Baby's got a name

After looking through thousands of baby boy names we finally came up with 6 that we put up on the fridge to think about.  Well and wouldn't you know it, we decided on one New Year's Eve and it wasn't one of the final 6.  It came to us in a random flip through of the baby book and we loved it. 
Baby Martin is now, Charles "Zane" Martin.

I am so happy to have a name for him and to start thinking of him in a more personal way.
Now that we have Summer all setup in her big girl room I am in full gear to get Zane's "baby lodge" complete.  I was inspired by this picture I found on Pinterest.
And these lodge-type animal silhouettes...which I plan on recreating in a different way.
In order to get this look I had to find me a barn door.  Well that would cost a bundle (in the city) so I decided to make one.  
Step 1:
Step 2:
 Testing my stain - this came out so good I will have to incorporate it in some way. 
I realize that I am incapable of just buying a pre-made room.  I have the need to handmake just about all elements involved...maybe not the easiest method but one I enjoy.  I will keep you updated as the "baby lodge" progresses.

5 comments:

Mimi said...

OK,Zane, we are ALL excited about YOU and YOUR lodge! You will soon find out that your Mama is a creative gal! We love your name,and are looking forward to the "little man" who will wear it!

Dad said...

The "Zanester" will be making his presence known before too long! I love his name, Jana, and I love the way you are tackling the "building" of his room (er, lodge)! Man needs a lodge, you know. I know it will be filled with love and lariats. Can hardly wait to see the next post!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Love his name and the stuff you made for his room!!!

grammy said...

oh jana, you are sooo talented. love the whole idea!! Im sure with Zane having a name now all of this is more real and more exciting! He will have his on man cave before he even knows what that means. love his name, love him, love all of ya'll

Rachel said...

Jana - you never fail to impress the heck out of me! I love the theme. I love your commitment to your creative spirit and I love Zane. Summer's room came together beautifully and I am so excited to see how the lodge progresses. And on a selfish side note - you are totally motivating me to get my act together with Baby C's nursery over here. Thank you!