Thursday, March 24, 2011

This Week in the Martin House

This week has been wild and entertaining
`
 yet very sweet and memorable
 Summer has worn bandaids (5 at one time) to doctor our face plant that wasn't healing from a month ago (due to constant picking at it).  I am pleased to say that both the nose and finger wounds are healed.
We made Spring cookies for Summer's nursery workers who are always so sweet and happy to see her.  The animal is supposed to be a Bunny not a Pig...my creative skills don't transfer to icing very well.
 Summer realized she loves spaghetti-o's minus the noodles...she just drinks the tomato soup.
Summer is potty training!  Gramma got this potty and I was just going to ease her into it.  Decided to go full force on Wednesday and she has 20 stars on her potty chart with only 2 accidents (both times she was on the way to the potty).  She has taken a 1.5 hr nap without a diaper on and gone for a 30 min. run in the stroller without an accident!  I am so surprised because I would not have thought she was ready but she is proving me wrong.  
Ohhhh, and her secret is...as you can see the potty is in the bathroom by the tub.  She sits on the potty and pulls the shower curtain over her face like no one can see...then she goes!  Works every time! 
 And she could (and has) washed her hands for hours
A scripture I read this week in my Women's Bible Study that really jumped out at me was this:
Hebrews 10:24 - And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.
Phillipians 2:3-5 - Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.  Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also the interests of others.  Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.
I think this is great inspiration to keep in the front of my mind on a daily basis.
I hope you are all having great week!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

HA! Summer has the Elvis lip curl down in that potty chart pic! Cute

MIMI said...

Jana thanks, as always, for spurring me on by YOUR GOOD WORKS. Being a Mommy (who so unselfishly gives)is the BEST WORK in the WORLD. You are raising SUMMER to be CHRIST-LIKE and that is exactly what we are called to do. What an EXCITING week!!I LOVE YA'LL!!!