Thursday, November 4, 2010

Under the Weather

As a Mom I play the mind game back and forth of should I take her to the doctor or not? If I had these symptoms would I just blow my nose and feel crummy or go see a doctor. For two days I have called the nurse for advice but resisted making an appointment just knowing that I will go and they will tell me it is a cold. But after Summer woke up from her morning nap and looked like this I knew it was time... (Please disregard my fake smile and the mile high pile of laundry waiting to be folded on the table behind me.)

Turns out Summer has a triple wammy: ear infection, cold and teething (4 eye teeth upping her total teeth to 16-wow). Since she has had a rash from 2 of the ear infection meds they put her on ammoxicilian but a high dosage. The down side is that she actually has to take the medicine for 10 days...twice a day...2 tsp at that! Tomorrow we are going to start rewarding her with stickers after each dose. Hopefully that will keep the liquid in the mouth.

Have I told you that Summer is left handed? Here she is writing me a little "I love you Mommy" note!

And she can type 65 words per minute? Or that she can get up in my chair and all over my desk in .65 seconds!It supposed to snow in Asheville in the morning...we shall see!

3 comments:

MIMI said...

Poor Baby! What a sweet baby to write her Mom a love note--I believe that she is going to be left-handed. Maybe give her a sucker from her Halloween stash along with that sticker. She does need a little treat, Mom.

Grammy said...

Bless her little heart. Maybe this medicine will taste good to her. Hope she feels better really soon!!! Being left handed is a gift. She is very unique-just like me! I am a lefty. Im praying for her and ya'll.

love you

Rachel said...

I am SO excited that Summer may be left handed. That means she'll always be in her right mind! :-)

I am SO NOT excited she is sick. May your love, good medicine and clever stickers heal her soon. Give little pumpkin pie hugs and get well wishes for me.