Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Own Little World

When I hear this song on the radio it just gives me chills as it hits home.
What if there's a bigger picture?
What if I'm missing out?
What if there's a greater purpose I could be living right now?
Outside my own little world (Matthew West)
I am blessed to have the opportunity and resources to go attend a women's bible study at my church on Wednesday mornings. This past week they were discussing how we can do everything in the name of God. Nothing is too small to give praise to God. She gave the example of cleaning the yucky toilet rim that the men & boys in our lives get ridiculously disgusting. And that even in such a uhh, gross moment we can thank God for their healthy kidneys that are functioning and producing urine. And how when we are grocery shopping we can give thanks for our families we are buying for and the impactful role we play in their lives.
You get the point...even though this song makes you feel like you should be doing more you can start with giving thanks for what you have in your own little world.
I don't want to miss what matters
I want to be reaching out
Show me the greater purpose
So I can start living right now
Disclaimer: I am not perfect. I am simply trying to encourage you with what encourages me.

4 comments:

lisa said...

i have 3 boys and can relate to the toilet issues! i get resentful and upset sometimes. thanks for reminding me there is a better way to look at it. i am going to start the class at grace church this fall. i feel like its a good thing for us. thanks for always putting things in perspective.

Doug said...

We can also thank God for running, pressurized water, instead of an outhouse or open sewer like in a 3rd world country. Doug

MIMI said...

How blessed we are!! And I'm not just talking about running water, but LIVING WATER! Now can we just pass it on--pay it forward? I pray that I will close the gap between my knowing and doing.
Thanks, Jan!

Maggie Pelton said...

Just wanted to comment that you look fabulous. I can see all of your hard work and weight loss! Way to go. I'm on the "lose the baby weight diet" now!