Thursday, September 9, 2010

Feeling Sassy

Gramma took Summer shopping and they came back Sassy!
I told Summer she better not act sassy or else Mama will have to step in. But seriously, the pink glitter flats are just too cute.

You wouldn't know it from this photo but Summer has had a fever of 101 since Sunday and we went to the doctor twice this week. I knew it was an ear infection but the Dr. was wrong the first go around. Therefore we had to suffer sleepless nights and grumpy days until I called and got a second opinion...ear infection confirmed!

And of course this would happen the week Chad is out of town. I was about to get seriously ill myself when Gramma came to the rescue. And after a women's Bible study and a 6 mile run, I was back on my feet again. Serious God moment on the treadmill...he reshaped my attitude (and my hips)!
Training for the 1/2 marathon has begun. I have my eye on the finish line.
Keep runnin runnin and runnin runnin and runnin runnin and runnin runnin...

3 comments:

Grammy said...

oh my!!! Gramma to the rescue! I love the shoes. I am so glad Gramma lives close enough to help with a momments notice. I am sorry Summer has not been feeling well. Those shoes would make anybody feel better! Jana I am so impressed about the marathon. YOU GO GIRL. Your pretty Sassy yourself. HAHA. love you all

Gramma said...

ok, it's 5 days after your post, Jana, so where's the everpresent Mimi:-)? I hope you are over your ear infection, Trish, and feeling great. Grammy-thank you and Jerry for the bedroom furniture and dining room furniture you gave Chad and Jana! I LOVED sleeping in the fancy but homey guest bedroom. And the bed, oh so comfy!!! And, I agree, Sandie, I think we've got to precious "sassy" Martin girls! hugs to all and blessings to all!

MIMI said...

Gramma and Grammy, I'm almost positive that I made a comment about this "sassy" blog (it's probably somewhere out there in cyberspace waiting to be read)And I agree with Grammy about Summer's cute shoes and rainboats, etc. I AM SO GRATEFUL for both of you and ALL you both do to encourage our Martin family. I also love all the furniture and know that the Martins are giving it a good home. I'm feeling much better due to z pack. Thanks.