Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Crested Butte, CO

Chad and I just returned from a long weekend getaway to Crested Butte, CO for the annual Western State College of Colorado Homecoming trip. We get together with four of Chad's friends and their wives, no kids.
We rode in two separate cars, boys and girls but met up at the Continental Divide. Besides the fact that I was getting a little queezy from the switchbacks, the temperature was COLD at 12,000 feet...I almost didn't get out of the car. But then I thought about the photo opportunity I would be passing up and, well you can see what my decision was.
I don't do any of the planning and turn my opinion gauge to the off position. It always turns out to be a relaxing, enjoy the outdoors, laugh with good friends kind of vacation. As the years pass by we have gotten farther from the college homecoming events in Gunnison and more into enjoying the outdoors in Crested Butte. This year we reserved a house on Mount Crested Butte with a amazing straight on view of the mountain.We did a lot of strolling up and down Elk Avenue, shopping and eating. The girls: Jen, me and Kelly.The Boys: Trevin, Nate, Chad and Josh.We went on a hike to The Beaver Ponds and Chad and Trevin fished. Chad caught a Rainbow Trout. We saw 7+ cows by the pond at 9200 ft and an Otter. Owners just drop their cows off in the forest and come back to get them a month later. That was so interesting to me.

The Aspen trees were beautiful!

Meanwhile, at the homefront, Gramma was whippin' Summer into shape. No more whining, no more meltdowns because she taught her how to saw words. She has learned: "up","down". "night night" and many more. Thank you Gramma for taking such loving care of our sweet sugar plum so that we could enjoy ourselves!

Today Summer napped so well that I had to go wake her up at 5pm so that we could go to the gym. She was still asleep so I got the camera and snapped some pictures. Thank you God for blessing us with such a loving baby girl!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Looks like a fun trip! Glad you could relax.

Grammy said...

Hey,
Jana you look so pretty. Thin and fit in all you pics! Summer is so sweet looking. I miss you all so much.

MIMI said...

You are so BLESSED--and in return a BLESSING.
Thankfully,
MIMI

Gramma said...

hey, Jana, your pics are great of you and chad. I am so glad you two had so much fun. And, the pics of Summer are priceless, just like your family of 3 is! Will you share the one and only video I have ever taken of our little angel-I think everyone will enjoy her first cookie experience?!!!! love ya'll...