Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Photo Story

Last week we made a quick trip to Nashville to visit with Chad's Grandmother (Gigi). We were very worried about her health however her strong spirit seems to be shining through even in the toughest times. Please keep Gigi's health in your prayers.
Traveling with Summer means you have to take a long breaks when you stop. So what better place to eat lunch than Cracker Barrel. Summer was enjoying the fresh air in a children's rocking chair on the front porch with Gramma.
Gramma made the best investment by buying Summer a baby doll with stroller at Cracker Barrel. We named the baby, Gigi, for obvious reasons and Summer pushed her around the nursing home. She made friends with ALL of the residents. I don't know who enjoyed it more, Summer, the residents or me watching her with pride!Gigi moved to an assisted part of the campus and therefore we were honored to receive some of the items out of her condo. One being this artwork (set of 3). I knew just the place for it to go. The wall above our couch has been bare and it needed just the right piece that wouldn't clash with the other items in the room.However, I thought I could make the artwork a little more modern by painting the frame. Plus, I love a craft project! I gave Summer her very own paint brush and container full of imaginary paint (water) so that she could stay busy and not want my brush. It actually worked! She was having a good time painting her dolls until she got distracted by that toy in the bottom of the bin...She was screaming but since I saw she wasn't in immediate danger I had to run and get the camera first. In case you can't tell, her feet are off the ground and she is stuck on the edge of the bin.
Once this drama was over we finally finished our project.
The final reveal...I am thrilled. Not only does it remind us of Gigi each time we see them but they really look good in our living room.
By the way, Summer is now eating with a fork!AND...if she climbs up onto my desk one more time and bangs on my laptop she just might get a spanking!Seriously folks, she is at war with me this week. I can't tell you how many times she climbed up in this chair even with me standing there telling her not to. I.WILL.WIN! Unfortunately, she got her mother's same determination.

3 comments:

Grammy said...

I guess you will have to find somewhere higher to put the computer! ha. I'm sure Summer was trying to send an email to Grandma, MiMi, and Grammy!!!!! Wish I was there to play with her.
love to everyone

MIMI said...

Move the chair and DON'T spank that BABY! I will come have a little talk with her and we will have peace--NOT war in the Martin household. She is the cutest thing pushing that baby in the stroller. Gramma, you did Great!

Gramma said...

thanks, Mimi! I have to admit that it is so precious watching her stroll Gigi around. Jana, you guys need to have that at your home so she can play with Gigi. Now, I am wondering, what color did you paint the frames? I can't tell in the pics. Jana, you are so incredibly creative-I think you oughta come up with something that you can do with these talents and start your own business! Mimi and Larry-have a most wonderful Labor Day weekend in Asheville!