Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I'm Back

Hi! My name is Jana and I am addicted to technology. I almost died when my computer was out of commission for a week. My blackberry was my saving grace!
This is Summer's new smile!Without documenting my events on this blog I simply cannot remember anything...so here goes my attempt at recapping what we have been up to since we last spoke (or I last typed, whatever).
GIRL'S NIGHT
I got together with my right hand girls and we had a spend the night party! Leslie, Nicole, Stella and I caught up on life over a few skinny girl margaritas, Nicole's de-licious okra stew with grilled piminto cheese & bacon sandwich, brownies and cake! YUM

Happy Birthday Chad! Yesterday was Chad's birthday and we had a very relaxing weekend in Hayesville and spent a lot of time with Grandad. As of this weekend, Summer has become extremely affectionate. She will give hugs and kisses freely; human, dog or plastic doll. Summer's love was the highlight of daddy's birthday. (Don't all 34 year olds celebrate with an Elmo Birthday hat?)
Happy Birthday Kiersten! Chad and his sister have birthdays 2 days apart (just like me and Bud). We celebrated with her at a wonderful dinner followed by singing and dessert!

Sampson is undergoing acupuncture for his seizures now as it seems that the medicine alone isn't solving the problem. If you look close, in this photo you will see some needles in his back. We were told he had over 20 in his head at one point. The drugs have been causing him to seem drunk and therefore not be able to walk without assistance. Trust me, you don't want a 150 lb Great Dane that can't walk on his own. Therefore, we have started this alternative treatment. He is a great candidate for accupuncture as he is a very chill dog and will allow you to do just about anything to him (I cleaned the plaque off his teeth last night with tweezers).

Lucy has had her own set of issues which isn't typical for her. She first had worms (eye roll, big sigh) and I didn't realize they were worms at first, looked like rice, and I picked them off her hair with my hand (face squench-gross). Then she got fleas. BOTH of these parasites we treat for on a regular basis with high quality drugs so I don't know why she got them but she seems to be free and clear now.

Summer, Summer, Summer...she is becoming the most friendly, expressive little girl!Just yesterday we were in Walmart and she couldn't stop talking. I had a lady come up to me and tell me how friendly she was and that Summer had waived to her everytime we passed in the aisle. She will break into laughter anytime Chad and I laugh. And after she says something I will start laughing and then she thinks she is so funny and laughs too! She hugs Sampson all the time and then grabs his collar and tries to get him to move...good luck on that one.
She is eating great and has taken to, garbanzo beans, bell peppers, cucumbers and raisins.
She still naps twice a day for 2 hours each. Chad blacked out her windows and it has made a world of difference in how quick she falls asleep.
She is still wearing size 12 months clothes so I guess she is still petite.

Now for my update: I have finally reached my goal of losing 20 lbs! I was 2 pounds away for about a month but I was able to kick them loose. I have mentioned it before but in the past 4 months I have developed a passion for running. I truly enjoy the feeling, the sweating and the results. I have set my sights on a new goal which is to run the Charleston 1/2 marathon on January 15th. I will be running with a friend, Nicole Hendrick and her sister, who ran one in the spring. Surprisingly, a lot of the girls I have met in Asheville via church and Junior League are runners and I am planning on training with them. A group from church are running a 1/2 in December and I will hop on their training program that begins after Labor Day.
http://riverfrontracefestival.com/

3 comments:

MIMI said...

Happy Birthday, Chad!!! and Kiersten!!! Yea, the BLOG is back and I can see and hear about Little Ms. Personality in action. Can't believe that this baby will eat those veggies, but I'm sure that her MaMa makes them look so appetizing. Always look forward to the blog updates Jan, but there are some things that we should not advertise-(you know about Lucy). Poor Sampson!

MIMI said...

Hi, My name is MIMI and I'm addicted to Summer Marie Martin. Just "crave" seeing her, talking about her, listening to her, just anything to do with her. I need a "FIX" pretty soon!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Way to go on the weight loss!!! I have 4 lbs to go until I lose 20. These last few pounds are the hardest!