Saturday, August 21, 2010

Cousins

We got to meet our newest cousin yesterday, Baby Rae! She was absolutely beautiful and so precious. I forgot how quiet infants are. Congratulations to first time parents, Jimmy and Lauren! We met in this awesome park in Brevard and the kids got to play around.Summer got to play with her other cousins for the first time, Livy and Morgan. Morgan is only 3 months older than Summer so they were practically the same size. They hugged when they first met!
Summer now understands that I am taking a picture and that I want her to smile. Whether she actually smiles or not is still up to her discretion.

Here are some other things that Summer has recently started to do:

  • pull her own diapers out of the drawer under her crib (call me silly but I didn't even think she knew where they were?!)
  • go to her room and lay on her changing pad when she has a dirty diaper (she HAS pooped on the potty twice already...when I noticed it was about to come out during bathtime...oops, I feel my Dad reading this saying "Jaaaan, you didn't have to go into that much detail")
  • pretend to squirt the lotion bottle on my legs and rub them (I can't wait until she can give me a pedicure!)
  • Hug Sampson (all the time). She even hugged a child manequin today in the store-too cute!
  • She pulls at the rug in her room to straighten it (because I do this all the time-I don't know why it moves so much!).
  • I say the name of objects all the time and she responds with "Bah." She is trying but it gets lost in translation.
  • She can carry Lucy's dog bowl of food from the laundry room all the way to the back porch and set it down without spilling any!
With Daddy away this week Sampson has been the man of the house. I wonder how he is doing with all of these girls around...uh oh, that picture wasn't supposed to slip out...there goes his manhood!

1 comment:

MIMI said...

Poor Sampson--When Dad is away, Mom will play!

The Martin Cousins are adorable--what Blessings!