Sunday, February 28, 2010

Trip to the Caribbean

I wanted to share some photos of our trip to the Caribbean two weeks ago. We were on St. Vincent for business checking out this location.
As you will see the beach has black sand. To my surprise the sand was just as soft as white sand has a smooth light texture.

We spent a day boating around the Grenadine islands (part of St. Vincent). There are 32 islands in total and also to my surprise we weren't the only people out there. There were many sailboats and large yachts hanging out on these small islands enjoying the CRYSTAL clear BLUE water. And there was civilization on these small islands. I guess I need to get out more.
I think this is where we stopped to snorkel with the sea turtles. We stopped for lunch at Union island. Our captain had called in the order prior to our snorkel excursion and it was ready when we sat down...now that's service!
This was my favorite island, Mayreau, because of its clear water with no coral. Don't get me wrong, I like the coral but you can't stand on it...they are very sensitive about you not touching the coral. If anyone has some extra pocket change there is a resort on this little island for sale for 5 mil. Just tossin' that out there in case you know.
Fun on the boat with Lisa
Chad and II must give Chad a big pat on the back for making it happen with his business. This is a nice way to make a living.PS - No this is not the place we stayed. This is more like the look of our vacation on the 5 year plan...in my opinion.

Ahhh, now let's reel it back in to reality. We are not in the Caribbean anymore.
Back in the pre-Summer days I used to post many pictures like this. So in an effort to broaden my horizon I will share with you a sweet moment of a man and his best friends. That Lucy is a mess. She will literally lay on Sampson's head if it means getting more love and attention.

This weekend we were going to go to warm up in the greenhouse at the Biltmore Estate but instead we ended up at the Tavern at the Biltmore Park.
A few more new things that Summer is doing:
Wearing big girl pajamas - I feel sad that she is growing up but relieved that we have made it past snaps. That girl can wiggle!
Yesterday Summer said Mama for the first time.
Today she has said Mama about 50 times. I would say that is a pretty quick learning curve.

6 comments:

MIMI said...

Mama,mama,mama,
What sweet words to hear from such a sweet precious Summer. The pictures are beautiful, but nothing still amazes me more than the very Last One!
Love to all the Martins!
MIMI

Grammy said...

Oh how sweet! see if you can catch her saying mama on flip video and send it to us. The island is beautiful. thank you for sharing the pics! I'm glad ya'll are back home safe. Didn't want you on the show locked up abroad. ha!
Have a blessed day.love you all

lisa said...

is locked up abroad really a show? i am not sure i am ready to laugh about that yet!

Jana said...

Yes Lisa it is a show on A&E or something like that and it is scary! Good thing you haven't seen it before now.

Grammy said...

I'm sorry Lisa, it really is not funny. I am so glad ya'll are ok. forgive me please

lisa said...

haha! is okay grammy, it will be funny, just not yet!