Saturday, February 6, 2010

Week in Review

We have had an adventurous week. Summer has started crawling "for real" and I have been surprised at all the things she can get into.

Showering while she is awake isn't an option anymore as she won't stay in her bounce seat so I got the bright idea that I would take a bath and put her in the tub with me. So I dressed her in her new pink polka dot bikini. Let's just say this probably won't happen again. Not a very effective way to get clean.
We packed Daddy's bags and sent him off on a snowboard/work trip. Summer is using anything and everything to pull up on and get to a standing position. In 2 years she will be hitting the slopes with Daddy. Caribbean here I come! Chad has a business trip to St. Vincent and I get to come too! The temperature there is in the 80's, ahh. I got excited just unpacking my sundresses. I am really hoping that the beach will be secluded and noone will see my big white self. But, oh well, I am on the beach in the caribbean...who cares:)
Quick background: Sampson eats his food in such a rambunctious manner that it scares Lucy and therefore they can't eat side by side. Therefore Lucy eats in the kitchen and Sampson eats in the garage.
Summer LOVES to get Lucy's food bowl and bang it on the floor as it makes a LOUD noise. This drives the already scared Lucy bonkers. Here Summer is playing with Lucy's bowl while Lucy observes through the window outside.However Summer doesn't discriminate. She is now headed to the garage to get Sampson's bowl. Finally I pinned her down and got a photo of those 2 bottom teeth.
It brings a smile to my face to share with you Summer's first curl! May there be many more to follow.

3 comments:

GRAMMA said...

Oh my goodness, I don't know which picture I like best-I just want to eat her up! Can't wait to be with ya'll this week! love you, GRAMMA

MIMI said...

Jan,
That's exactly how your hair did. I've been out shopping for some toys and am ready to SUMMER SIT--so bring the little crawler on to B'ham!

Leslie said...

Such great pics! You look great, Jan, and ready to be island bound. Enjoy your getaway! I can't believe she is crawling!!