Monday, February 1, 2010

One on One with Jana

It has been one of those days where I have to interview myself at the end just to make sure that indeed I actually survived.
Jana, did you shower today?
Ha, yeah right...no
Jana, what is your technique to mask your unshowered self?
Lots of eye shadow and blush. Yes I probably looked like a clown today. Oh yeah, and I dress up. I actually wore a cute pink skirt just to hang out at home with Summer. (eye roll)
So would you say you had a meltdown at some point?
I think it was when my kitchen looked like this
that I realized I was in trouble. But the true meltdown came at the end of the day when I was ready to relax and there was that darn roasting pan that is too big to go in the dishwasher and requires SO much scrubbing to get the caked up rib grease off it. I like to think this was a calm meltdown. Without raising my voice I told Chad if he ever needed this pan again he could find it in a trash bag in the garage.
And did you go through with putting the pan in a trash bag in the garage?
Yes I did Jana, yes I did!
Now folks, if you were able to follow along in this interview between Jana and Jana then you yourself might have some crazy genes. If you don't get it then you should pat yourself on the back and call yourself normal!
And here is my sweet sugar plum who cut both of her naps short today making mommy tip off the edge!

7 comments:

MIMI said...

Mommy, please don't "tip off the edge". That sugarplum is just too adorable to be raised by Lucy and Chad. Your kitchen will wait. In fact EVERYTHING in life will wait-I remember a poem from when you and Jay were babies that I used to read titled BABIES CAN'T WAIT. I'll try to find it for you.
By the way, the crazy gene--not the Bell side of the family!!!

MIMI said...

Jan,

The cleaning and scrubbing
will wait till tomorrow,
for children grow up,
as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs.
Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep'

Leigh Collins said...

Oh Honey, you think that is bad? I remember those days when I thought that was bad too! But then, we had the bright idea to have another baby:) I'll take a picture of our playroom tonight and send it to! You will quickly realize that what you thought was bad is really not that bad! It may seem like it now, but just have another one and then you will know! Can you tell my nerves are on edge with this same issue? This is just a warning of things to come!!! LOL!!!! Seriously, though, I've finally come to the conclusion that I'd rather enjoy my children than stress over the mess!

MIMI said...

By the way, the most recent picture of Summer is the cutest ever! I hope you put it on snapfish.

Anonymous said...

Do you think Summer will remember how clean the house was? No, she will remember play time and story time and cuddling with mommy! Try not to stress. I totally got the crazy talk, I think I have a few screws loose myself! It comes with having little ones! Love you Jan!

Mook

Leigh Collins said...

Ok, I've posted on my blog pictures of our playroom I took last night. UUGGHHH! Keep in mind that our playroom is off of our kitchen, so I see it all day everyday! Maybe these pictures will help you help you feel better about your crazy day!

Rachel said...

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that photo of your kitchen was a bad one? If I lived closer I would bring over a bottle of wine to share immediately. Clean or not (subject to opinion) it's amazing how similar your new kitchen is to your old one!