Friday, July 15, 2011

Help Me, Help You

I don't have too much rhym or reason as to what books of the Bible I read, but this week I decided to read through 2 Corinthians and pray that I learn some valuable lessons that I can apply in my life (duh, as if there aren't valuable lessons on every page).  This verse jumped out at me and I wanted to share it with you.
2 Corinthians 1: 3-4
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.
I always thought that God comforted me because I believed in him...but now I see he comforted me so that I could use that as a tool to help others.  I think I will try and use my gift today. 

1 comment:

MIMI said...

YOU DID!!!