Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer's 2nd Birthday Party

We celebrated Summer's 2nd Birthday Party at Grammy and Papa's pool in Birmingham, AL.  The birthday girl indulged in ice cream sundaes with a variety of toppings and cake. 
Gramma and Grandad drove from North Carolina for the party. 
 Aunt Bebe wouldn't miss it...even with a temporary handicap foot!
 The pool was packed with Summer's family and friends.
 Marley Rose came to celebrate and they had a great time swimming together.
 Summer loved acting big like Marley.
 Mimi, Gramma, Mama with the Birthday Girl
Aunt Mary Ashley, Grammy and Bebe enjoying the pool 
Marley called Grando, "Uncle Larry."  Too cute 

 Daddy and Summer swimming
 I am always so happy to spend time with my Nicole!
Uncle Bud playing the newest pool game called...throw the ball!  Amazing how funny it can be when someone misses the ball.  Good times.
Aunt Jen and Nicole
Papa and me
Summer opened her presents and absolutely loved each one of them. 

 In addition to her birthday weekend, I also cut her hair for the first time!  She had quite the shhh "rat tail" going on and it was just time.  The other hairs were obviously not going to "catch up" anytime soon.
BEFORE
DURING 
 AFTER
Summer's hair flips out now and no longer is weighed down by that ONE curl.  My little girl is 2 now and a haircut just solidifies it (sniff sniff).

5 comments:

MIMI said...

Super FUN birthday party!

Anna & Greg said...

She is so cute! Glad you had a great celebration! Two is such a fun age!

Leslie said...

Great Party Jan! Can't believe Summer is 2! Seems like yesterday, yet forever ago that I was in Reno when you were first preggo with her. And glad you cut the "rat tail"! ;)

Bethany!! said...

I miss y'all! I love love love this blog!
[i need your help figuring out my blog]

Bethany!! said...

heres my blog..
http://adventurestoeverydaylife.blogspot.com/