Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mum Update & Recipes

Check out my Mums today

verses 2 weeks ago...

I love trying out new recipes from Real Simple Magazine. However this week I ended up with 2 flops.

First, I made Angel Hair with Spicy Shrimp. I purchased these beautiful shrimp that were huge but when we went to eat them they were WAY TO CHEWY. Flop:(

Second, for lunch the next day (note to self, don't make new recipes back to back) I made Polenta with Garlicky Chard topped with blue cheese. This plated beautifully. But the taste was lacking...Flop:(

So, for those of you who get Real Simple I am going to recommend that you don't try these 2 from the October issue. Don't worry, I am not discouraged about cooking...I will continue to try and eventually I will find my signature recipe.

We are going to the Lincoln Brewster concert tonight...I'll tell you about it tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jana Marie,
Your mums are awesome! Are you feeding them with Miracle Grow? I'm anxious to hear about the concert.
Love you,
MOM

Anonymous said...

Sad to hear about the recipes! I saw those and thought they sounded good! OK, last question about your mums...do you re-pot them and how often do you water? Have fun at the concert! Roll Tide!
jen

Anonymous said...

Sis,

I hope you have a blast at the concert. From what I have heard it should be great. Love you and Roll Tide.

Anonymous said...

hey jana marie
forgot your middle name is marie and I love that. glad to hear y'all enjoyed the concert so much.talking about recipes-I'd love your bbq pork crock pot recipe-chad said it was GREAT. I love anything crock pot-it's so easy and the house smells so good all day and then we can hardly wait for the meal! also, a flower that I have found very easy with low maintenance and lots of color is the vinca. once you get it growing-like a month-then mine don'tneed watering or pinching off the dead blooms. the petals are so light that they just fall off on their own. the leaves are deep green and showy. the blooms are bright and distinct and you can get many different colors. so glad your mums are doing so well. can't wait to come visit. Go VMI-we're so very proud of you Chad. love, Mom ps hey Trish and Jay