Thursday, October 23, 2008

Big Saturday

This Saturday is our 5 year Wedding Anniversary!
In previous years we have celebrated in awesome locations; Aspen, Las Vegas, Lake Tahoe...
However, the past 2 years we have gotten back to the roots of our wedding day...The Alabama/Tennessee game. Our friends host a football party and do it up in style with stadium dogs and football shaped rice krispy treats. I mean really, could you ask for a better place to be on your anniversary?! (with the exception of "at the game")
It was a blowout last year and I am hoping for something similar this year. In fact, I am going to ask for a little bit more...I want Bama to actually play in the 3rd quarter.

A few facts:
Wedding Day - The game was on at the reception and the guests loved it as the rivalry went into 5 overtimes (you remember, five) Tennessee won 51 to 43
1 year Anniversary - Tennessee won 17 to 13
2 year Anniversary - Alabama won 6 to 3
3 year Anniversary - Tennessee won 16 to 13
4 year Anniversary - Alabama won 41 to 17
5 year Anniversary PREDICTION - Alabama wins 37 to 17

Roll Tide!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWSOME! Love the prediction and HAPPY 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY to Chad & yourself! What a wonderful & fun way to celebrate! Hopefully we will get to celebrate with ya'll soon!Luv ya!
jen

Anonymous said...

Sis,

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was reliving your wedding day with Jen last night telling her about it and the game being on. I appreciate the Important Facts on the previous aniiversaries and the scores. That is what they always say on the news station here that we watch at 10, "now for the important facts". Hope you have a blast at the party. I love stadium dogs. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!

Jay

Leslie said...

Happy Anniversary Jana and Chad!!! 5 years??!!! Gosh it seems like yesterday we were all hanging out at that cabin. And the spa??!! oh, the spa...one of the best hot stone massages I've had! I hope you have a GREAT one and I'll see you in 5 days!!!! I'm scared of the cold weather....it was 60 here and I had my scarf on! yikes??!!
Love you! Les

Anonymous said...

Well Sis,

You got it close to right. The Tide did win by 20. I love it when we beat Tennessee. I heard a player say on Saturday,"we hate Auburn cause we have to, we hate Tennessee cause we want to."

Roll Tide Roll.

Bud