Thursday, December 15, 2011

We've Got Tubes

After a year and a half of ear infections, Summer is getting TUBES.  We are thrilled.  She is such an excellent patient.  Look at this happy smile.  We were in the waiting room at the outpatient surgery center at 6:30am
Arg! I can't seem to get these to upload correctly and I hate that.  Sorry you have to turn your head. 
Anyways, here Summer is in the pre-op room and she changed into the cute hospital fish pajamas.  At this point she had received 5 stickers from the nurse and that was pretty cool. 
This picture is after she had her "giggly juice."  The doctor said this would be a good indicator of how her first year of college would go.  I am proud to say, Summer was a mellow drunk.  The doctor said that some kids get wild and even take their clothes off (those kids have to live at home during college).  I was asking her to point to different body parts and she was getting them a little off...her "nose" was between her eyes.  Funny!
The surgery went great and it was over faster than I could have a cup of coffee and text everybody.  At this point Summer was a little camera shy.  We came home and watched Toy Story 3, ate alot and drank alot and she has been enjoying a long nap (3 hr 45 min so far).   
Doctor says she should be ready to do normal activities tomorrow. 

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sweet little girl. Thanks for keeping us updated Jan. I feel like belting out a jolly rendition of, "Do you hear what I hear?!" in honor of Summer's ears and her new awesome tubes.

Mimi said...

What a sweet girl! I am so glad that Ms. Piggy was able to make the trip with you. Now we are looking forward to NO MORE ear infections. I am so happy that things went so well!!