Friday, September 23, 2011

Things Summer Loves

I have said it before but Summer loves taking her medicine.  Because we don't do it often she thinks it is special and a treat.  Here is a video of how she does it.
Ok, so Summer also loves the "Yellow Bus."  When we are in the car she is always asking me for a yellow bus.  Earlier this week we passed one on the main road and it only peaked her interest to see more.  As we turned into the neighborhood it was a dream come true...a broken down yellow bus!  We got home and hopped in the wagon as fast as possible to get a closer look.
This is quite possibly the happiest photo I have ever taken of Summer to date!
 Well as we got closer to the yellow bus you can see her excitement turned into a little nervousness.  She reacted the same way when we saw the train up close.
That's right, this mama hung out with the bus driver and waited for a second yellow bus to arrive to move the kids...pure joy for Summer.
This was a magical day because with the 2 yellow buses still parked wouldn't you know it but a red fire truck drove down the same street!   
Last night was a wonderful event at church called The Gathering (Pink Pajama Party).  It was a women's event and I was the hostess for my table.  There were 1000 women there and we got to spend some time refocusing on what our priorities should be, how we should value friendships and having a good time.  I am going to make an effort to commit myself less to events outside of the home so that I have time and energy to see that my quiet time, family time and maintenance of my home are taken care of first (Chad said that sounded like music to his ears). 

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Jana,I am so proud of YOU! You are the best momma and "Home Maker". Your family is so very blessed.