Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Taco Night

Taco Night is a big hit at the Martin house!
Who doesn't love body painting with sour cream?

This week I have been encouraged to read the book of Philippians.  It is silly how surprisingly inspired I get when I read the Bible.  I am memorizing Philippians 4:6-7, Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 

It is amazing how relevant those verses are today in every person's situation.  I think the "thanksgiving" part is vital to the "peace."  Have a great day...and those of you waiting on babies to arrive try not to be anxious!

2 comments:

MIMI said...

Summer, you are one LUCKY girl to have a mama that is thankful for such a creative little girl and is able to find peace when you "body paint" with sour cream. I don't ever remember your mama eating sour cream, much less body painting with it. I think that I tried to stick to the "neat" finger type foods.
We are waiting patiently on our blessing.

Lisa said...

I read through that tonight - thanks for the reminder! A new Bible Study starts tomorrow called "Discerning the Voice of God" - I am looking forward to some great reminders of what it takes to hear that voice when it needs to be heard! I will keep you posted!