Wednesday, October 9, 2013

been WAY too long

Hey Friends and Family and sometime strangers.
I disappeared from this blog due to an overflowing plate and this was one of the first to go.  However, its been on my mind and my to-do list...today its actually happening...because the other things on my list are no fun (clean out my organizer, really isn't it called an organizer for a reason!).

I'm just going to jump right in with a kid update:

Last I wrote Zane's eye was diagnosed with Sixth Nerve Palsy.  He still has that.  Doctor says he is in a league of his own and we are just watching and waiting.  We have ruled out all the bad reasons that may cause it and they really don't know the trigger.  However, God has given me peace in the waiting period and we are praying God to allow him to look left.  He doesn't seem affected by it at all.  It has gone back to normal then back to abnormal 3 times and is currently abnormal (my lingo).  Most people wouldn't even notice unless you catch him trying to look left which would look like this:
Otherwise, he is ridiculously cute!
Summer is in 4 year old preschool 5 days a week.  She loves school and her teachers are the sweetest.  She has made some new friends as well as all the girls from her 3 year old class are in this class.  She is a super big sis and is so tolerant of the hair pulling and sometimes biting from her brother (he is improving but it still happens).
Summer, at age 4, is so sweet.  Just this morning on the way to school she said, "Thank you mommy for my smoothie this morning (she had at least an hour earlier).  I love you! I just can't stop loving you, not even one bit!" Well THANK YOU too sugar angel pumpkin head!

Finally, I always think of my blog as a way to share God's word and how powerful it is as encouragement to me.  So today I read in the book, Jesus Calling, about complaining.  Often when I have a complaint I turn to my family or friends...which can easily lead to self pity and gossip.  God actually wants us to turn to him and tell him our complaints and he will straighten up our perspective...putting his thoughts in our mind.  I thought this was very applicable in my daily life. 
The verse to go along with this is Philippians 2:14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, "children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation." Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky.

This was fun...maybe I'll be back again soon.

4 comments:

Grammy said...

Loved reading this! Zane and Sumner are absolutely perfectly beautiful, inside and out! Can't wait to comee up and see all of you! I read Jesus Calling, everyday. Love it.see you soon,
Grammy

KristaBGamble said...

Jana,

They are both so precious. I would have never known a thing about Zane's eye! He is a handsome little guy. I wanted to thank you for that verse as its something I needed today. I have printed it and attached it to my computer monitor.

Krista

Anonymous said...

Love that Bible verse, thanks for that today. And your kids are just darling! Hopefully Zane's eye will continue to improve.

tiffany said...

To cute! I have a quick question I wanted to ask you about your blog, do you think you could send me an email when you get this? Thanks!
Tiffany
tpham(at)dropcam(dot)com