Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Bumps and Bruises

Mark it down...Zane's had his first bump and bruise. 
Now that he is mobile he thought it would be a good idea to stand in the bathtub...and since I bath he and Summer at once I was shampooing her hair when he stood and subsequently fell.
After drying his tears and consoling him, Summer was going to get in my bed to do her breathing treatment and tripped and fell hitting her nose to the corner of the chest at the foot of the bed.  THAT was a rough night!  Thankfully they both healed without any medical attention.
And little man is back to couch surfing...couch to coffee table.  He can stand unassisted for 5-ish seconds at a time.  Yay Zane!
I'm not sure what this means but he does it often when I am feeding him...lay his head down on his arm.  The obvious answer would be he is tired but he looks pretty happy to me.  He is enjoying his first ever Chick-Fil-A chicken nugget. 
Summer loves having a full-time playmate.  She just picks him up and drags him to wherever she wants him to go (oh, how that will change soon).  On this day, she pulled him under the table where they were playing fort.  Summer is in her princess dress of course.
I have begun the weaning process off breastfeeding and to whole milk.  So far so good.  I think he is ready and I think I am too.  The biggest roadblock has been finding a sippy cup that he can drink well out of and the winner is one of Summer's big girl straw cups.  He just doesn't get the cups that have to be turned up for the liquid to come out.
Zane's 1st Birthday party is next month and I am starting to plan.  I'm so excited to see him grow.
I realize this is a predominately Zane post...next one will have more Summer information.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I just can't believe how fast Zane has grown. I can't wait to SEE him in March. I'm counting the days. Love you ALL!