Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Summer Update

Let me tell you a little about Summer (3 yr. 5 mo.).  She is such a caretaker.  She loves to mother Zane and even her friends at times.  She wants to be good and her heart melts if she thinks she has disappointed or upset you.  Therefore she is a very obedient child...more so at school and church.
She loves school and her teachers. 
These days we play school so much at home.  Most of the time she is Ms. Debbie and I am in her class, or she has pretend students, or Zane is her student. 
This week we were playing school and this was the conversation:
Summer: Who has on a green shirt, and a black shirt, blue jeans and house shoes?
Jana: (I raise my hand. That's how the game goes.)
Summer: (Walks to me and puts her hand on her hip.) Hmm, you have a green sweater.  I said who has on a green shirt.
Seems silly, but this is how all of our pretend conversations go...she asks me a question-I answer and she then says "no" and picks a different answer.  I just sigh and wonder if I will ever get it right.
 
When they line up at school the teacher tells them what color square to stand on.  When Summer gets to stand on the pink square it makes her day!  She got to do that last Friday.  So as we were driving to school Monday morning she said, "I wish wish wish I get to stand on Pink.  God took my wish away-and put it in Ms. Debbie and Ms. Melissa's heart."
I just smiled and thanked God for her sweet heart. 

Here she is loving on Zane during his first adventure SITTING in the front of the grocery cart.  So glad our grocery store has double child carts.
Not sure if I posted this one before...it was from when Mimi was visiting this past weekend before the weather turned cold.  Our little grown man! 

4 comments:

Grammy said...

Sweet, sweet children! Summer is a very smart little girl. And I LOVE Zanes hat!

Nana said...

My love for them grows with every day-now it has popped out of me...Love, Nana

Mimi said...

I never thought that there could be a sweeter little girl than Jana Marie Savage, but God has given us an EQUAL!!! What a BLESSING!!

Rachel said...

Just like her name, Summer brings so much warmth to all those around her. My heart bubbled over with the story about the pink! What a love! I haven't even thought to put Harper in the shopping cart yet. Great idea!!! Must try next time. I bet he loves sitting next to big Sis. That last picture of him is priceless. What a little man!!! Love it.